Although this post is 2 days late, it never hurts to set out a couple of goals for the New Year. Doing this can focus your efforts and can make you avoid the constant “What should I be doing” factor that many bloggers will experience throughout their career. (Sidenote: Yes, I just called blogging a “Career” because I feel that a blog can be heavily compared to a small/large business, they definitely have the potential to make as much money )
Brad’s New Year Goals for 2009:
- Obtain 1000+ RSS Subscribers – I’m currently at 242 (today) and think this is a practical goal for an entire year.. It can be done!
- Obtain 200+ Twitter Followers – Again, I’m currently at 20, so I should probably network the fact that I have a twitter feed, and encourage people to follow it.
- Modify my blog design – The blog design on BradBlogging.com is great right now, but there are some issues I have with some of the elements. I’d like to make a 3 columned footer, perhaps change the header background, and other misc. details.
- Obtain some sponsorships – The Nov/Dec 2008 months were pretty bare for advertisers.. I had none! It would be nice if I could find a couple of good sponsors to purchase some advertising.
- Help more people with their blog problems – Right now, about 3 people have emailed me with problems about their blog, and I’ve helped all 3 of them fix their issues.. If you have a problem, send me an email!
- Put some time into other internet projects – I find that diversifying your time can make you a more creative person when it comes to blogging. If you spend all your time talking about the niche your blog is about.. There’s not much that is going to change or develop over time. However, if you work on other projects such as another blog, forum, website, etc, you can oftentimes bring different ideas and views to your content.
What are your goals for 2009? Have you written a post regarding it for your readers to read? (Feel free to leave a link).
Happy (Belated) New Years To Everyone On BradBlogging.com!