If I emailed you today and said, “I’ll give you $1000 dollars for 6 permanent links on your blog – Not on your homepage” would you accept it? That is the exact thing that happened to Darren Rowse over at Problogger.net (Story) and he declined the offer. Obviously a blog of his magnitude would not accept such a low payment for 6 life time links.
A long story short, the “Underground Text Link Seller” offered Darren $400 a link totaling $2400 and he still denied it. Anyhow, until all of us bloggers get to that stage of 6 figure blogging, we can look at the link sellers first proposal. $1000.
- You get $1000 to spend on whatever you want! (Wooo!!!!)
- If the links are written well, people barely notice them.
- You make a estimated profit of x50 on your domain name (perhaps + hosting?)
- Google will slap you across the face in their search engine results.
- Lower traffic because of first point, lower Alexa ranking and perhaps less advertisers.
- Shows that you can be bought for the “Right” price.
I’m actually teetering on the whole prospect just because of the numbers that are involved. Unless you actually know how to make money online with blogs, this could be a major payday that could be used to help you in all sorts of life’s situations.
Then again, they are getting the best deal on the internet because over time, the cost of that text link for the buyer decreases with each passing month. Since you agreed to the terms, it would be dishonest and negligible to take the link off or charge them more.
What would you do if the situation arrived with you and your blog?