- Gain subscribers and readers for your content
- Gain links to your website which help with your website’s pagerank and search engine result(s).
- Gain comments on your posts from the resulting readers that have joined because of the contest.
- Gain Money – From selling advertising space on your “Now Much More Popular Because Of A Contest” blog
But what determines the success of a contest campaign? How can obtain the results that you desire?
Today, we will look at a contest from the view of a visitor. When you load a page to see details about a contest that you wish to join, a large part of the conversions (people that actually go through with the contest and enter) has to do with the Layout.
If a visitor needs to read your directions three times before they realize what they have to do, chances are they will just leave and search for an alternative. An exception to this is when the prizes are worth over $1000 and then perhaps people will pay a little more attention to what they need to do
Here is the way to make your directions something that people want to read:
Thanks for taking the time to enter my blog’s contest. There are three ways to enter:
- Subscribe to my RSS Feed (By Email). – 10 Entries
- Write a blog post about the blog or the contest – 10 Entries
- Comment On This Post – 1 Entry
Now, Have you noticed how simple the instructions are? They outline what the visitor needs to do, as well as how much each of them are worth in the contest. A strategy that was also used in the example was one to increase email R.S.S Subscriptions. From a visitor’s viewpoint, whats easier?
- Subscribing Their Email ( Mozilla@MozillaFirefoxBrowserSoftware.com )
- Writing a 100 (example) word long post
They are both worth the same amount of entries, so you can count on people subscribing rather than writing posts.
The next post will highlight some prizes that will definitely make some people want to participate. Tune in tomorrow or just subscribe via R.S.S. to make your life easier.