Stumbleupon is a unique tool that allows you to share websites that interest you with others. For some, it may drive a major amount of traffic to their website which can be found in my previous post. Though, sometimes people may not like the same things you do and will not give it a “Thumbs Up”. The top 5 things that I have learned about this program are that:
- Not every post you submit from your website will make your traffic counter spike enormously. (For instance, Yesterday I submitted my post about Adsense Alternatives and only received four hits for it!)
- A lone person that submits an article will not receive the same results as if he had 20 friends that also stumbled it as well. Increasing your networks of friends will make you have better results. (Add me if you would like another friend. My Stumbleupon User ID: Bradblog2)
- Encouraging stumbles at the bottom of a post via a button or graphic will yield more results than just a text link. (A WordPress Plugin called Socialble will allow you to have many social networks at the bottom of your posts with a click of a button.)
- Don’t expect lots of money(If you have adsense or another P.P.C network) from Stumbleupon when you get lots of hits. Why click ads when the Stumble! button is going to turn up a website that interests you?
- Lastly, Writing posts about Stumbleupon usually gets a lot of buzz from the community.