As previously mentioned, Blogbadly.com did a review of my site. Since he was the first to respond to my offer of Free Website Reviews, I decided to return the favour and “Review” his design, content, etc.
BlogBadly focuses on how not to blog by posting
absurd unique articles about the subject. It’s sort of like a reverse psychology blog, by telling you how to blog badly. His latest post is about how sponsored posts can “benefit” your blog.
What has been done well:
- The logo looks like it has been done by a professional. Is easy to look at and gets the name and purpose across very well.
- Posts are twisted from what an average reader would expect.
- The sidebar has no unnecessary widgets or other annoyances that draw away from the content.
- Images in every post are a plus and add variety to the articles.
- Has a slight Web 2.0 look with the striped backgrounds on the Navigation Bar and Sidebar.
- Easy to see RSS Icons which increase subscribers.
What could be improved:
- The “Advertise” Page offers a stripe ad where the Navigation Bar is and isn’t very practical. I don’t think very many people would want to buy an ad space that small.
- When you click a link to go to a certain post, the sidebar gets shoved all the way under the end of the comment form because of a Google Adsense Banner. See this screenshot [Dialup users beware!] to see what I am talking about. This destroys the look and should be considered the highest priority to be fixed. (Or perhaps this is one of his strategies on how not to blog…)
- The tag cloud has some odd tags (eg – I am clever?)
- No Favicon beside the URL. They add a unique touch to the website and is a lot easier to see in your book mark list.
Overall this website has some unique content to offer that you will not find anywhere else. I can only wait to see what Max talks about next.
Max got a free review from this blog, would you like one? Feel free to check out my “Free Weekly Website Reviews” offer. The offer is still going so don’t delay! Claim your spot.