Doing the weekly website review project has been fun and has opened my eyes to my readers blogs! I’m sure that pretty much every reader here knows about my free offer for them (If not go here, Where have you been? ). This week I’m going to “Constructively” Critique both of the blogs in the form a competition. The first blog is CrafterBS and is about “The personal experiences of a crafting business.” The second blog is The Path To Total Financial Freedom and is about “A Guide on how to succeed with the amazing Passport To Wealth Business Opportunity”… Let the Games Begin!
- CrafterBS - When I load that blog into my browser, a simple template comes up with her title and description. if you look closely at the title image you can see that you changed the blue background to a white one. Also, you can see the blog catalog box behind the sidebar almost as if it’s being used as a background in the top left corner.
- Path - the path to financial freedom is also using a blogger template with little customization, except the sidebar. you can see a larger image on his first post when you load the blog so that instantly draws attention to what he has to say.
Winner – Path To Financial Freedom because of the large image that instantly attracts attention to the post. Since CrafterBS has ones on her other posts but not the first one, it makes the reader gradually look at the sidebar and then the content, which could effect readers. Solution? Place Images in Posts.
Sidebar and Footer Clutter:
- CrafterBS - The sidebar on this blog as everything from feed burner to latest posts and even when she is going to become a grandma. There are some widgets that she could take off so that it would be less distracting, such as: the caps lock on all of her latest posts which instead she could just use regular font, and everything in the following picture should be removed.
- Path - The sidebar and footer are cluttered beyond the point of being able to read the large articles on this blog. Thousands of links, pictures, even manta rays and fish are on the side bar. The footer is just a large mess of links. My advice?
Take off some widgets Remove everything and only put on essential widgets.
Winner: CrafterBS for obvious reasons.
Most Importantly, The Content:
- CrafterBS - As the title suggests, its about her crafting buisness and her adventures while doing it. My personal favourite post was about how she travelled with her husband to go to a craft show. It provided some laughs and made you think of your experiences when you were in the same shoes as her. Although, not everything is perfect, as she somtimes will stray off topic (take her latest post for example which is about how her daughter could find her soul mate on American Idol )
- Path – The path to financial freedom is more about Search Engines and Making Money with either a home buisness, or online. Since the articles are very long, it may sometimes be hard to follow the entire article and you may get bored. Although there are some great tips inside, shorter articles would be a great way to increase readers as then you could get down to the point, and fast!
Overall Winner: CrafterBS and close behind is the Path. The only reason Crafter won was because of the easy to read articles (large font, kept reader interested) and a little less clutter than The Path.
Of course, my opinion is only half of the story.. Whats yours? Did I make the wrong choice?
Comment below and let the world know!